See link https://sales-marketing-tools.com/330-2/
To have a successful enterprise it is essential that you have plans. These plans will include what you intend to do and when. Here I have listed some important things you must do to have that success.
1 Your expectations
This is the Centre of your plans. Here you will define what you want the business to achieve and when. Without a map you will never get there. For example, if you want to drive from your city to one you have never been before how are you going to get there? You need a map.
I am reminded of two elderly ladies who went for a drive and finished up on the M25, this road goes all around London. After driving for hours, they ran out of petrol. The police stopped by and asked them where they were going. They replied going home but couldn’t find the way.
So, don’t be like them get a map. Set goals.
2 Setting exciting goals
Setting goals is not just making a statement about where you want to go but you must choose the right goal, and, they should be worthy goals.
To test whether your goals are worthy just ask yourself the following questions:
- Do my current goals reflect my deeper values?
- Do my current goals excite me and energize me?
- Do I enjoy the process of working on my goals?
- Do my current goals enable me to give (love, support, value, hope etc.)?
Sometimes we set goals without considering the affect they may have on us. For example:
- I’m unaware of limiting factors
- I’m excessively focused on my goal(s)
- I’m feeling overwhelmed because of the size of my goal
- I constantly want more and more and forget to enjoy the now
- I’m overly focused on achieving specific numbers neglecting to focus on the process that will lead to my goals
- I have too many goals and fail to achieve many of them
- I jump from one opportunity to another, one course to another, not sticking long enough to a specific goal to achieve it
3 Set Inspiring Goals
Goals must inspire you to achieve them or they just don’t work. If you are not really determined to get there, then you won’t. Do this exercise and check your results.
- What do I really want?
It’s now time to set exciting goals. Write all the goals you really want to achieve no matter how crazy they might sound. Don’t worry you don’t need to share them with anybody. Make sure you cover all the areas in your life (relationship, health, career, finance…). Write as many goals as you can.
- How am I going to get there?
- What would the best version of yourself do to achieve these goals?
- Choose your most important goal and come up with as many ideas as possible to achieve that goal.
- What is my first step?
- What is one tiny step that if taken today would get me closer to my goal?
My first step:
- How to align your goal with your values
- What would achieving my goal get me?
- Identify the values behind your goal. The more you elaborate, the stronger you “why” will become, and the more realistic achieving your goal will become.
4 Goals and your life purpose
Do you know your life purpose?
Discover your life purpose
Ask yourself insightful questions
Do some self-introspection by asking yourself the following questions:
- If I had all the money and time in the world what would I do?
- What do I love so much that I’d pay to do it?
- How can I get paid to do what I love to do?
- Who do I envy?
5 Setting smart goals
All goals must have certain characteristics.
Making your goal specific (S)
Clarity is power. How can you make your goal specific?
Having measurable goals (M)
How will you measure your goals on a regular basis? How will you know whether you’ll achieve it? Write down your goal in such a way that it can be easily measurable:
All goals must be achievable in your current situation and your current mental outlook.
Your belief in your goal will greatly determine your ability to achieve it. Remember that Jack Canfield said “there are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines”.
Clear deadline for your goal (T)
You will have challenges to overcome, how you face them will decide on your success in reaching your goals.
Identify the possible obstacles, define strategies to overcome them and always ask yourself:
Why does your goal matter? How will you remain motivated during tough times?
You must become your own coach, best friend, lover, and biggest fan. You must master your inner voice and fall in love with yourself.
Changing your goals or deadline
There is nothing wrong in changing your goals or deadlines. Situations will arise where you need to re-evaluate your ideas. So now go through the process again and reset your ideas, then commit yourself to them.
6 Parameters to set
You have probably heard of the 80/20 rule, basically it says that 20 percent of your activities will produce 80 percent of your target. So, you need to identify the key tasks on which you should focus your efforts.
What are the tasks that are more a distraction than pure work?
Three Step Rule.
Identify 3 steps you can take every day to get closer to your goal.
Write down three to five goal-related project or tasks you want to complete this month.
Do the same for the next week and then for the next day.
Turn your tasks into daily habits.
7 Actions you will take
- Visualize yourself as having already achieved your goal. How would you feel? Practice putting yourself in that positive emotional state every day. You’ll feel more confident and be more motivated to work on your goal. It will also help you be more creative.
- Creating a vision board to supercharge your vision
- Create a digital vision board on your computer (PowerPoint slides, wallpaper, Evernote etc.) or
- Create a goal journal in which you write your goals and add pictures
Questions to ask yourself every day
- If I could only accomplish one task today, what is the task that would have the most impact? What about this week? This month?
- If I keep doing what I’ve done today, am I going to achieve my goal? Be honest with yourself!
- Questions to ask yourself on a regular basis
- How could I accomplish my goals in only 6 months? 3 months? 1 month? What about 1 week? (Assuming a yearly goal). It is a great way to brainstorm and to motivate yourself to take more action.
- Assuming I failed to reach my goal, what would be the reason for that? What can I do about it?
Go forward with confidence once you know where you are going.