Have you considered that you should be in the Affiliate marketing arena?
To many businesses this may be an area that they have never considered because it is not part of their business plan.
The question I would ask is. Why Not!
Affiliate marketing is now a multibillion business and virtually any business can use it.
In these tough days you need all the outlets you can get, so let’s consider how affiliate marketing can help you.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
At a basic level, affiliate marketing is a simple business model.
You can be an affiliate or a promoter. Most people only think of the affiliate. And what they do, for example:
- They promote another company’s products in their own marketing efforts, like social media, website, email list, blog, or any other marketing channels they use.
- When a customer clicks on a link to order a product, it takes them to their affiliate partner’s shopping cart to complete the transaction.
- The link is assigned to them specifically and tracked so they get credit for any customer they send to their affiliate partner.
- If the prospect buys, they get a commission. This varies, usually between 5 percent to 25 percent. Sometimes even more, depending on the product. In the cases of very high commissions (some up to 100 percent), the company is often hoping to later upsell the customer on a higher-ticket item. The company is using them to help generate customers.
Getting just a percentage of a sale may not seem like an excellent way to make money. But when they send hundreds of customers each week or even sell just a few big-ticket items, it quickly adds up to a tidy income. It’s especially sweet when they consider that their startup and operating costs are so low.
Finding Affiliate Partners
By using affiliates your business can flourish. There are many excellent reasons for becoming a promoter.
1 All the marketing efforts are by the affiliate, so no cost to you.
2 Once they provide you with a lead you have a customer.
3 As everyone who wants to purchase your product must provide an email address as a minimum, so you now have a customer who you can sell more of your products to.
4 Although you have to pay a commission to the affiliate, it is only a one time payment. The profit for you is in the follow up sales.
There are many, many affiliate programs out there. Covering just about any product or service imaginable. But not all of them are created equally. You must provide a trusted program that will have a reputation for taking care of its partners. And paying them the right amount of their commissions on time.
In the beginning you will have to put effort into finding people who will sell your products. Once you are established, then it is only a case of keeping up your marketing efforts to find more affiliates.
Marketing Your Affiliate Marketing Products
There are several organizations that will advertise your affiliate program. Here are some established affiliate partners with excellent reputations.
- ClickBank.com focuses on digital, downloadable information products.
- Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com) is a major online retailer offering everything from electronics to groceries.
- Amazon.com — you’ve shopped here. You know the range of products it offers. Now add your products to the site.
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant works with some of the best-known brands in the world.
- Wealthy Affiliate. Full training on being an affiliate and how to research.
You just need to contact them and get registered, then sit back and wait for applications from potential affiliates.
In addition, you can do some marketing of your own until you have a sufficient stream of affiliates joining your program.
Social media is a great free way to get the word out about your business.
Millions are on Facebook and Twitter these days. And they’re not just sharing funny cat videos. Often they are looking for ways to make money, so make your offer appealing. Don’t forget once you have paid their commission you have a free customer so don’t be afraid to make large commission payments..
You post regularly, at least a few times a week. And over time search engines like Google find your content and reward you. For providing valuable information by putting your website higher in the results.
Email is a relationship-builder with your potential affiliates. You want to give them a balance of useful information. You need to provide lots of help for a potential affiliate.
You will need to provide a number of aids including:
Sales material related to your niche
Website–one for customers and one for affiliates
Swipe files for emails
Images of your affiliate product to be used in their advertising campaigns.
A Recipe for Affiliate Marketing Success
Once you have the overall structure for a attracting affiliates, then you find that it is easy.
All you have to do it fulfil the orders quickly and efficiently, any lengthy delay between ordering and getting your product will not be good for business. Customers are fickle beings, especially the first time.
Give them exemplary service and follow up and they will be more likely to stay with you for a long time and tell others.
If you need help with the shipping there are several drop shipping companies who will do the job for you at a competitive price.
It might seem overwhelming. But if you take it a day at a time. You can do it. Just do one task related to starting your business each day, whether you can dedicate 15 minutes or a few hours. Slowly but surely, you’ll be able to launch your affiliate business.
We receive commission on purchases made through links on this page/in this email